What is Firestick?
Since everything is evolving no wonder, so is the way we entertain ourselves. It seems gone are the days when we the users were at the mercy, of course for the entertainment purpose, of our cable companies. However, being at someone’s mercy means actually being at someone’s mercy and of course you don’t want to happen that to you.
However, things have changed and courtesy streaming sticks more and more customers seem to be opting for it and empowering themselves by cutting off their chord.
All you need to set yourself free of this monopoly of cable companies and have a reliable internet connection along with just the right streaming device. Once you have these both, you are now good to enjoy all the TV and all the entertainment that you wish to and that too at almost a mere fraction of the price that you were paying to your cable company.
Having said this it is utmost important that you have just the streaming device why because a failure to have the most professional device will not yield the results that you are hoping for.
Why should you use VPN for Firestick
When it comes to selecting a Firestick, VPN may be considered an ideal choice. To make it simple for you and to understand, it may be considered as a technology that renders the creation of private networks possible and conducive.
What gives the VPN technology an edge over the others is that it allows users to connect to the network via an encrypted channel!
One of the foremost reasons that makes VPN an ideal choice for users is that it is legal to begin with. VPN offers an unparalleled security to its users. It is no news that the second you connect to the internet you come under the radar of hackers, viruses, malicious programs and even those entities that are looking to collect information about you. Do you know that not only the information you send via the internet is at risk of being intercepted, it is also at a risk of being changed.
Unfortunately, with today’s security threats whether it is firewalls or whether it is anti-virus both seem to hold no good against these powerful threats. However, a VPN can take care of it all as it encrypts your network that makes it almost impossible to decrypt it.
How Do You Install A VPN On Firestick
- The first thing that you are required to do is to plugin/turn on your Firestick
- You will see highlight apps on the screen top. Once you are here all you have to do is to press the remote’s middle button that will take you to sub-menu in the apps
- From here you will need to scroll all the way down to categories in the sub menu.
- Once you are done with it the next thing to do is to select utility.
- Now this may take a bit of time as you will have to search for and once you have found it select IPVanish app
- Once you are done with the installation process you can now proceed to select open.
- Now this is the stage where you are required to sign into the app of course using the IPVanish username that you created along with the IPVanish password.
- Once you are done with all this the next stage is none other than the selection of the server location
- Once you are connected the next stage is none other than pressing of the Home Button on your remote that will take you all the way back to home screen.
Best Firestick VPN App
Below we will take a look at the list of the top VPNs that you should feel free considering on your Firestick not merely for faster streaming but also for unparalleled security purposes.
Best VPN Services 2018
Free Firestick VPNs
Though there are free Firestick VPNS that many of may prefer to use. However, what you need to keep in mind that along with their pros that also include but not limited to being free there may be certain cons attached with it. A distinct con that may be attached with a free VPN is none other than it may not be able to secure your privacy the way paid VPNs can and may even be prone to security breach.
Though we are all for free Firestick VPNs yet we highly recommend our users to opt for the paid VPNs so they may be utmost protected and there may be not a slightest chance of security breach.
One of the most popular free Firestick VPNs is the atom VPN. The second most popular free VPN is the Snap VPN. The super VPN may be considered as one of the most popular free VPNs as well.
As always we suggest that you use these free Firestick VPNs for trial basis and for the sake of having a little experience with the VPNs. However, in the long run and to ensure maximum security and safety along with of course no breach of security we suggest our users to make use of paid VPNs.
How to Setup Kodi on Firestick
Below we will take a look at how to setup Kodi on Firestick.
- The first thing to do is to click on settings
- The second step entails clicking on device
- Once you are there the third step is to click the developers option
- The fourth stage is now to click apps from unknown sources in order to turn these on.
- The fifth stage is tuning these on
- After you have carried out all these steps it is time to return to the home screen of the Firestick/fire TV
- From here click the search icon and enter downloader
- Once you have carried this out the next step is to click the downloader icon
- From here you are required to click on the select button on your remote in order to start the download process and hence install the downloader
- Now it is time to click open for launching of the downloader
- From here click on allow
- Now it is time to click OK on the welcome window
- Now it is time to turn to your remote again and click the select button for opening of the keyboard
- The next stage is typing and you are required to type https://kodi.tv/download
- Now you will notice that the Kodi download process has begun
- Now it is finally the time to click install on Kodi setup pages.
- Kodi installation will now start
- Once it has been installed click open
- You will now find yourself at Kodi home screen from here you may exit to return to Fire TV home screen.
How to Setup Netflix on Firestick
Setting up Netflix is very easy on Firestick. Let us take a look into the step by step process on setting up Netflix on Firestick
- Go to the main screen and from there select “search”
- Here you will be required to type Netflix and after that select Netflix
- Finally select Netflix
- From here select free or select download
- Once the download is completed make sure you select open
- Once you are here select the sign in
- After you have selected the sign in it is time to enter your Netflix email address along with Netflix password.
Once you have successfully completed all this you will notice that your device is now connected to Netflix account.
Pros and Cons of Few VPNs
Let us take a look into the few pros and cons of a few VPNs
- Offers compatibility with as many as 20+ devices
- Offers 5 logins and that too simultaneously
- High speed along with 256 bit data encryption
- Presence in over 140 countries with over 750 servers
- Few complains in respect of connection issues
- The ad-blocker feature service available only in Chrome
- Few complaints regarding connection problems with certain servers
- Comparatively few servers as compared to other VPN providers
- High Speed Internet
- No restrictions in streaming
- Presence in over 140 countries with over 1700 servers
- 256 bit encryption
- Not the cheapest option
- 1 subscription along with merely 3 devices
- No free trial merely a 30 days money back guarantee
- May have a low speed initially but will gradually increase with the passage of time